FAITH IN ACTION TOGETHER (FIAT) - WOMEN’S CLUB
As members of Our Lady of the Rosary Women’s Club (FIAT) we will draw on our God-given abilities and resources to make Our Lady of the Rosary Parish a place of comfort for those who are here and a place of welcome for those who visit us. Our service to the community will be evident in the efforts of our members to promote the good of the parish, welcome parishioners and visitors, maintain the gardens, and join in fundraising efforts to serve the diverse and ever-changing needs of parish life. To accomplish this, we will work under the direction of the Pastor, and, with one another, in a respectful and charitable manner using as our model the devotion of the Blessed Virgin Mother.
The purpose of this organization is to develop and foster a relationship between members of FIAT to enrich their lives and their relationship of service to the parish and parish community.
Members of FIAT serve the parish, at the Pastor’s discretion and with his approval, for the following functions/activities/events:
- Decorating the Rectory/Residence and Church: The Rectory/Residence is decorated for Christmas usually on the first Saturday of December. The Church is decorated on December 23rd at 8:00am. In addition to decorating, taking down decorations is also required.
- Fish Fry Dinners: There are 3 Fish Fry Dinners which begin the second Friday of Lent and are held on consecutive Fridays. Fish Fry Dinners are from 5:30pm-8:00pm. Setup begins around 3pm.
- Fundraising: Fundraising events include: Bake Sales (twice each year Spring/Fall); Endymion Parking (coordinated by the Choir); Jazz Fest Parking; $10,000 Raffle Drawing; Wine/Dinner Raffle; and, other fundraising events as determined.
- Jazz Fest Parking: Held the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May. Volunteers from the Women’s Club assist the Men’s Club by advertising and collecting money for parking in each of the 3 parking lots. Jazz Fest parking is a 7-day event over two weekends. Volunteers arrive around 8:30am.
- Parish Quarterly Dinners/Lunch: The Women’s Club coordinates each of the Parish Dinners by both organizing and hosting or by coordinating with one of the Parish Organizations to host. The November Quarterly Dinner is Thanksgiving-themed and a fundraiser for the parish. Every other year, there will be a $10,000 Raffle Drawing.
- Social/Special Events: Assist the Pastor by setting up, serving food and drink, and, cleanup, for special events held at the Rectory/Residence. Some of these events include: Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday rehearsal luncheons/dinner; Receptions for First Communion, St. Louis IX Medallion Recipients; Parish Ministries/Volunteers Christmas Social; and, other events/receptions as determined by the Pastor.
- Other projects/events developed as Our Lady of the Rosary Parish and FIAT expands.
Any female twenty-one years of age or older is eligible for membership. Members are encouraged to attend regular FIAT meetings, but not required. However, to be considered a member in good standing a FIAT member must participate in at least three events each year. These events are listed in Section 2.
FIAT will conduct regular meetings, every other month, on the 1st Tuesday of that month. Meetings are held at 6:30pm in the Parish Office. The Chairwoman has the discretion (in consultation with the Pastor) to cancel a meeting. A quorum vote is required for approval of any FIAT business and/or projects/events.
DUES: There are no membership dues.
If additional information is needed, please contact Elaine Gootee, firstname.lastname@example.org, or, the Parish Office at 504-488-2659.